Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Origin Go Smooth Review

This post for Yumeko's request for a review of the Origins Go Smooth Kit... 
The Origins Go Smooth Kit contains 3 products: a 125mL Modern friction, a 50mL Pure Cream, and a 15mL A Perfect World. I've been using this Kit every other night since I got it.
STEP 1: PURE CREAM~> It's basically just a cream cleanser similar to Cetaphil... It's a white cream similar to a consistency of a lotion but of course this one isn't greasy at all...It smells like all herby and it reminds me somehow of damp/wet leaves... You can use it as a regular facial wash (however, this doesn't foam up) or you can just smear it over dry face and then tissue off. Among the three products in the kit, this is one gets no love from me... I find it that it doesn't remove all of my makeup and in fact it just removes very little of my base makeup but it does remove eye makeup w/o UDPP and regular mascara without mascara base... When I use this, I still need to use my regular face wash...The only good thing I find is that it doesn't dry up the skin...

no love from me :(

STEP 2: MODERN FRICTION ~> This one is an exfoliator, and as the packaging reads "Nature's gentle dermabrasion".... It has that herby and damp leaves scent similar to the Pure Cream...It's quite difficult to squeeze out in the tube, because of its sticky and cookie batter / mixture-like consistency...However, once massage over damp face, it turns creamy and lathers up a bit...This is used by massaging in a circular motion over damp face then rinse...This is only recommended to be used every other day at most or at least once a week...I love how this exfoliates my skin leaving my face smooth and bright, though I wish I could use it everyday and that the product isn't as difficult to get out of the tube... I noticed that the texture in my face is finer...You'll have smooth and bright skin instantly after using this...This one reminds me of the brightening effects of Skin 79 Super BB Cream (Pink) and Skin Foods Aloe BB Cream... since these two BB Creams are the ones that brighten up my face the most...And little goes a long way! In fact, I just need half of the amount in the picture, I just doubled it so you guys can see it a bit more clearly...

4 out of 5 love

STEP 3: A Perfect World ~> This is a facial serum and not a moisturizer...This has the most different scent among the three products in the kit, since it has a major citrusy scent with just a teeny hint of herbiness (Love the scent, smells yummy!)...This has a creamy consistency but more fluidy than the Pure Cream...and this one is not greasy too and absorbs to the skin quickly...This is to be applied on the face after cleansing, and exfoliating and before applying moisturizer... This product claims to guard the skin from bad elements... and I totally agree! When I used this, the appearance of my pimples are reduced... Then I never experienced waking up in the morning and finding a new zit! Also love how it makes my face feel refreshed! My only wish is that the kit would contain more of this product instead of just a measly 15mL which isn't proportion at all with the 125mL of Modern  Friction, but don't get me wrong a little goes a long way with this product too! This product is a great tandem with the Modern Friction... Though when I apply this, it gives a tingly sensation in the sides of my nose similar to the feeling of applying alcohol based toner to the sides of the nose....But I still like this product!

4 out of 5 love

Overall, I like this kit and I'm giving it my seal of approval...and I'll rate it 4 out of 5 love.... Though I recommend getting just Modern Friction and A Perfect World and ditching Pure Cream...Though still check if you could get the most of our money by buying the kit or just getting the Modern Friction and A Perfect World... One more thing, when I used this kit, I breakout less and right now I just need a sheer coverage for my face...

3 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

I have never used any Origins product, thanks for the post :)

Mona said...

lol the no love from me comment is really funny i thought :P

Yumeko said...

woo u reviewed
thank you thank you
so will they have other products u could use in place or is this their core range!