Sunday, November 16, 2008

Rustans's Haul


I also went to Rustan's yesterday to get my feet done in their nail salon and to buy some skin care products and makeup.

FROM CLINIQUE:

(from left to right: pore minimizer instant perfector, derma white liquid makeup with spf 15, and super city block spf 40)

I've been using super city block with spf 40 for four years now, and I love it. It's oil free and it doesn't break me out, nor does it make my face oilier. Gals and guys please, please, please never leave the house without sun protection, unless you want your skin to be damaged and look old for your age. I bought derma white liquid makeup since it contains spf 15, it's oil free, doesn't break me out, long-lasting, and it's advertised to give you a brighter skin with prolonged usage. It provides just a moderate coverage. There are days that my acne scars look worse so if I need additional coverage, I just layer my mineral foundation on top. I don't use cream concealer frequently since it worsen my blemishes; and when I use my mineral foundation / powder foundation, the spots where I would put concealer on would look cakey and just dead-on weird. But I do use liquid foundation for undereyes, but not on blemishes, since parts of my skin with blemishes tend to be dry and bit flaky. I also use mineral powder concealer for the undereye too. I haven't tried the instant perfector, but I've heard that it works wonderfully in keeping the oil out of your skin. I'll just update you guys once I've tried it.


I've also received a Gift with Purchase from Clinique! This includes a floral cosmetic pouch, rinse-off foaming cleanser mousse, high impact mascara, eyeshadow duo in strawberry fudge, moisture surge extended thirst relief moisturizer, all about eyes rich, and an eyelash curler. The GWP I received contains generous amount of products. I've tried the moisture surge and all about eyes rich and I love it! Moisture surge is so light weight, non-greasy, great for oily skin as well, and only needs a little product to moisturize the whole face. I've used the all about eyes rich last night and when I woke up, there's no puffiness and my undereyes skin is smoother, and I just can't explain in words the improvement in just one use! Again, all about eyes rich is meant to be used sparingly. I'll purchase these stuff when I ran out of these, but I don't think it would be anytime soon since the size of what they give as GWPs are a lot, it can last me for months. The eyelash curler is one and the same thing as the Revlon one, and unfortunately, it doesn't curl my lashes well. I also own the Revlon one, and it's just a crappy as this one. Shu Uemura Curler is still the best! I'll just update again when I've tried the other stuff too.

FROM MARIO BADESCU:

While I was roaming around Rustan's I found the Mario Badescu shelves and got myself the Drying Lotion, this was the one that made Mario Badescu famous. I was quite surprised that Mario Badescu got its way to our shores. The sales assistant also gave me two samples each of Botanical Facial Gel and AHA Botanical Body Soap. The Drying Lotion works great! I have a huge pimple last night, and I treated it with the Drying Lotion. Earlier today when I looked at the morror, it was 80% gone! There was just a teeny-weeny bump that isn't even noticeable. I haven't tried the body and facial soaps, I'll just update again once I've tried it.

FROM NARS:

I've purchased a Nars lipgloss in Turkish Delight, which is a a creamy baby pink gloss. The color is really pretty and yummy. When I was browsing the NARS counter, this gloss caught my eye. It's non-sticky and lightweight. One of my fave lipgloss as well. Really a good stuff! I've also heard that Kim Kardashian use this as her everyday lipgloss/color. Sorry but the pictures doesn't do it justice!

5 comments:

*** said...

want to try mario badescu..wish i cud drop by rustans :) nice haul sis!

dustbunny said...

I'll try to get some products and samples from Mario Badescu when I return to Rustan's and send you some

*** said...

ow that's so sweet! but just a ques sis.. let say ill just buy the drying lotion? would they give samples too? hehe

*** said...

ah oh! pls do a review on their pore minimizer.!! i want to try products like those coz i have giant pores (ewww) thanks sis!

kamie said...

ques. lng po lahat po ba ng rustans meon mario badescu store? at how much po ung drying lotion? sang rustans po kayo bumili? tnx