
Last week,I was cruising around Watson's health and beauty section, when I spotted the Maybelline counter. I was attracted by the Eyestudio eyeshadow quads, since the packaging was quite pretty and luxurious as compared to the old quads, and the new quads reminded me of Kate and Visee eyeshadows. I was going to get the neutral quad with the really pretty rich chocolate brown color but it was out of stock. Mind you, many of the items were out of stock, so I was a bit disappointed. Then I saw the new Maybelline 2in1 Impact Shadow Liner by Eyestudio and swatched it. I was impressed at how beautiful the purple was, and after letting the liner set for a few seconds rubbed it hard and to my surprise it didn't budge at all! The liner was so so so creamy, as creamy as the Stila Kajal Liner, and it didn't budge! I was so excited and amazed that I bought the black one too along with the purple and went home immediately to try it out! Let me tell you that this stuff is absolutely pigmented and super creamy! This glides on my lids like buttah! Glides on as wonderfully as Stila Kajal Liner. Eventhough this is as creamy as the Stila Kajal Liner, this isn't as soft which is a major plus in my book! Meaning you don't need to sharpen it more often as you do with the Stila Kajal Liner, more bang for your bucks! This stuff has a great staying power too! Smudge-free and flake free for both my upper and lower lashlines. This stuff stays in my waterline too! AMAZING!!!
I have also tried this as an eyeshadow, and it works really well! It gives you about a minute to blend it and then it sets and it won't budge nor crease! I seriously love it! It's also an amazing base, better than my paintpots, since the shadows will really stick to the liner and the colors will just pop!
This will replace my Stila Kajal Liner as my HG liner! This stuff is way better than the Urban Decay 24/7, MAC Powerpoint, or even MUFE Aqua Eyes, since this stuff is the creamiest of the bunch and last as long as the MUFE Aqua Eyes in the lashlines and last longer in the waterliner, and it's the most pigment of the bunch! The only category where Stila wins is the pigmentation, the Stila is just a tad bit more pigmented, but the Maybelline one is right there with the Stila in pigmentation. You guys need to seriously get this stuff! What's better is that this stuff only cost P359 which is about $6-7! Really affordable!!!

1st row: Stila Kajal Liner
2nd and 3rd row: Maybelline 2in1 Impact Shadow Liner in black and dark purple, respectively.
1st column: Liners were vigorously rubbed wet for 3 minutes.
2nd column: Freshly applied liners
3rd column: Maybelline 2in1 Impact Liner in black
As you can see in the first column, the Maybelline one retained more pigment after being rubbed wet than that of the Stila Kajal Liner.
This eyeliner is 9.5 stars out of 10 since there's always room for improvement, though there's very little need for this to be improved. This is my perfect liner! Luveet!
BTW I went back earlier to Watson's to grab another one of of the black one! Since the stocks at the Maybelline counter was replenished, I was also able to get the Eyestudio quad I was eyeing along with other Maybelline stuff and Revlon items. I'll post my drugstore haul next time so watch out for it! I'm beginning to like drugstore makeup again, though there would still be stuffs/brands that I will continue to despise unless they put their act together and give us decent quality products!
I'm doing a project 5 pan starting today, so the drugstore haul might be my last haul for this year, but I might finish up 5 items sooner than I expected since I have several makeup I've hit pan and my Clinique 3 step is nearly finished- just 2 more weeks use. Let's just see if I will be able to shop one more time before the year finally comes to an end.
Stay tuned! More reviews coming!
7 comments:
hmm it looks interesting! i like maybelline
Ooh wow, I bet they ARE creamy! I would love to have some of these, but they're not available in my country yet :(
i want to try this..seems pretty good..compared to my prestige automatic liner...its not creamy it tugs my eyes everytime i use it hehe
Its really great to use! Just got mine today and i love it!
@natsumi: glad you loved it too :) i'm thinking of hoarding when i back to a maybelline counter hahaha
hi, how do i sharpen the Maybelline 2in1 Impact Shadow Liner by Eyestudio?
wow. i want these. how much did they cost you?
Post a Comment