Tuesday, November 10, 2009

MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation Review

This is a review of one of MAC's latest addition in its foundation range.
I'm going to review the MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation.
This particular foundation has a concealer counterpart - Studio Sculpt Concealer.
I like the foundation, but I love the concealer, which I'll review soon!
The MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation has a mousse-y / aerated thick gel consistency.
This stuff doesn't give the lightest feel but doesn't give a heavy feel.
This foundation is concentrated with pigments that I only need a pea size, even when I need to cover up numerous blemishes. It also provides medium to a full coverage.
I don't even need concealer when I use this.
Even if it gives good coverage, this foundation gives a nice finish to the skin.
This can look cake-y if excessively used, but you barely can overuse this stuff.
I really like that even after long hours of wear, my face still looks fresh.
However, this stuff doesn't provide any oil control. I need to blot my face for just an hour of wear. Using primer that's meant for oil control is highly recommended.
People with drier skin may enjoy this, since its more of hydrating instead of mattifying.
This foundation also have a better transfer resistance than that of Studio Fix Fluid, but stiil there's still room to improve on under this category.
Doesn't settle on to the fine lines or the flaky ares in the skin.
I haven't tried its waterproof capacity yet- that's to follow.
My skin didn't react to this foundation, but I heard people gets bad reaction with the shea butter in this foundation.
I found that this applies smoothly, flawlessly, and seamlessly when I use my MAC 180 or ELF Studio Powder Brush. 
Due to it's formula containing SPF, it will give you a whitish cast when used in flash photography. But when used under normal lighting, it photography fairly well.
 I like that it's on a squeeze tube rather than the normal bottle packaging, since I can travel more easily with this and less tendency to break.

Verdict:
 I like this foundation, but not enough for me to love.
6.5/10
I would recommend this for people with normal or dry skin.
But if you have oily skin and don't mind blotting once in a while, then I say go ahead and grab one!

2 comments:

Connie De Alwis said...

thanks for reviewing! I have dry skin so this should be great for me :D Looking forward to get this for myself

Maui (Suushh) said...

This product unfortunately didnt work out for me. I got oily mid day which was odd because that doesnt happen. And I would break out on the same day I used it :/ Its the formula I goes, works for some people, doesnt work on some. :)