Friday, November 6, 2009

MAC Studio Fix Fluid Review

This is a review of the MAC Studio Fix Foundation.
Unlike the first two foundations I've reviewed, I must warn you that I don't love this even half way as I loved those foundation. Better read on to find out why...
The MAC Studio Fix Fluid has a very thick liquid consistency. Actually, this has the thickest consistency out of all the foundations I've tried.
With that being said, this stuff feels so heavy on the skin! When I use this stuff, I feel like I'm wearing a mask and it feels like its suffocating my skin! This stuff also cakes up easily. However, this foundation has a really good coverage. It covers everything! That's one of the reason why this is really popular among the TV and print industry. Even though this has SPF, I didn't find that it gives that whitish cast when used on flash photography. I must say it photographs really good.
I really have oily skin and this foundation can keep me shine free for just the first  three hours regardless if I set it with powder or not.
This foundation needs to be set with powder or else you'll be left with a bit of a sticky feel, and you'll have a hard time blending in your blush, contour, highlight and what not.
I find that this foundation is best applied using a damp sponge, and damp dense fluffy brushes. Since water would thin out the consistency a bit and the foundation wouldn't feel as heavy as it would on the skin.
I feel that this foundation melts a bit when its used in a super warm environment, but not excessively though.
This stuff isn't transfer resistant too, actually I think that this stuff has almost a ninety percent probability that it would transfer into the surface it makes contact to. 
This stuff do gather around flakey/dry patches of the skin so do moisturize first before using this!

I heard alot of people having bad reaction to this foundation, and I am one of them unfortunately. I get acne even after just a few minutes of wearing this foundation. I used this for one straight week and my face was filled with acne! After that I consulted a dermatologist and she freaked out and scolded me badly when she learned that I was using this foundation!

BTW you need to buy a separate pump with it. For me, it's fine as long as it's available! Which sucks for us here in the Philippines since our MAC doesn't carry the pump for ages now!
(I just got mine from Mona! Thanks dear!)
Hello, MAC?! Send some foundation pumps here!!!

Verdict:
4/10
2 points for giving incredible coverage and 2 points for how well it photographs.
I wouldn't mind using this up, even with its heavy feeling on the skin and even if it cakes up easily, if only this doesn't ruin my skin and cause me to breakout so bad!

2 comments:

donnarence said...

what shade do you use?? thanks

AskMeWhats said...

I know a lot of people are allergic to this! the coverage is great, I agree!