Monday, November 2, 2009

Make Up Forever Face and Body Liquid Makeup Review

Today,the spotlight is on Make Up Forever Face and Body Liquid Makeup.
Before I begin, I just want to tell you that I really like this foundation. Why? Read on...
The Make Up Forever Face and Body Liquid Makeup has more of a gel than a cream texture. However, this foundation has a fluidy gel consistency rather than a thick gel consistency like the MAC Studio Sculpt. The foundation comes out like a fluidy blob of really soft Jello if not shaken, so shake the bottle of foundation prior using the foundation to liquify the foundation thoroughly.

This foundation can give sheer to medium coverage and medium to full coverage. This foundation when applied gives a sheer coverage, but can be layered for a heavier coverage. I find that this foundation no matter how much you layer on will not look cakey. This is the most buildable foundation I've tried. This foundation is so light, you wouldn't mind layering it on. I've tried using different brushes with this and I find that using my MAC 180 or shu uemura #18 foundation brush gave me that airbrushed, flawless, and seamless look. What I also like with this foundation is when blended into the skin, it sort of like "become" your skin, so it's really natural looking. I find that it's the foundation that most easily blend into my skin and doesn't give me that mask look even when I use shades lighter than my skintone - in short it's very forgivable!

The formula in this foundation is so amazing (Take note it's oil free)!
It's sweatproof, waterproof, transfer resistant- even with my oil slick face, and can resist high humidity! I have used this when I went to the gym, I swam with it, jog with it, and did more strenuous activities, and to my surprise it didn't bulge!
This stuff photographs really well too!
With this foundation, you don't need to set it with powder since it sets it self. Once this stuff dries, it will transform into a satiny smooth finish. I also find that this stuff doesn't settle into fine lines, though it may gather around extremely peeling skin, so to those with extremely peeling and flaky skin, I suggest you moisturize properly before using this. This has a good oil control too it leaves my skin shine free for atleast 5 hours - used without any powder on top to atleast 9 hours when set with powder. btw I have super oily skin!

The only problem I encountered with this foundation is wastage. Since, this product doesn't have a pump nor a pout controlling the amount of product can be a problem. So I suggest getting a long spatula if you plan to buy this foundation.

I love this as much as the Clinique Superfit. I love Clinique Superfit for its instant coverage while I love this MUFE Face and Body Foundation for it's extreme long wearing ability. Whenever I get lazy I use my Clinique, but when I want super long staying power and I have time to spare I use this!

Verdict: 
8.5/10
I will repurchase this!
I would give this a 10 if they improved the packaging to prevent wastage.



8 comments:

DinaXYYan said...

nice review! it sounds good... i'll add it to my list :D

Crystal said...

darn these MUFE foundations! they're so tempting! LOL

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review!! I love the fact that you say they are very build-able and no matter what they do not appear cakey! AND they are oil free!!

Catherine said...

Wow, this sounds amazing! I am so afraid of trying liquid foundations though haha... don't know why.

Connie De Alwis said...

great review! you make me wanna get this :D

AskMeWhats said...

sis, thanks for this review, I've always been lemming for MUFE foundation, now you give me more reasons!

Maui (Suushh) said...

ooh sounds like something id like to try. thanks for the review!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the review! i'm thinking about getting this product too