Saturday, October 31, 2009

Clinique Superfit Makeup Foundation Review

I would start a series of foundation reviews with Clinique Superfit Makeup.

What Clinique claims:
"High performance makeup. Stays smooth all day, come stress or high humidity. Oil-free."

My take on the Clinique Superfit Makeup:

This is the first liquid foundation that I bought, repurchased, and will keep repurchasing.
My shade in this foundation is 05 Neutral. 

The texture of this foundation is really watery and light (as you can see in this picture).
As watery as it seems, believe it or not this foundation have a moderate to full coverage depending on the method and amount you'll use. I use a stippling brush for a lighter coverage and I use a regular paddle foundation brush for heavier coverage. However, lately I discovered that this works best with the use of really dense fluffy brush like the MAC 180, 182, 109, Smashbox Face and Body brush, and ELF Studio Powder brush. By using these dense and fluffy brush, you can get that airbrushed look. This is also the foundation that you can get that airbrushed finish easily. You don't have to buff really hard like other foundation to get that airbrushed look. 

This foundation is so fluidy it mix really well with moisturizer for your custom made tinted moisturizer! I even mixed it once with my body butter and a bit of bronzing powder for my legs.

This foundation also gives a really natural finish.  When blended well, it will look like skin, so you couldn't look overly made up. 

I really like the fact that this is oil free and does break me out. I also find that this is quite versatile foundation, since my sister and I use this. My sister have super dry skin while I have extremely oily skin, but this foundation works for the both of us! For me that's amazing! Makeup artists could save with this products, coz this foundation will suit any skin type.

I like that this foundation can set itself. You don't really need to set if with powder. However, setting it with powder will help with its oil control power. Without setting it with powder, my face is shine free for 4 hours, but when I set it with powder, my face looks shine free for atleast 6 hours. 

I must agree that this stuff is long wearing. Living in the Philippines, I am exposed to extreme humidity, and this foundation really stays put. I have worn this foundation for straight 18 hours without retouching it with powder but using just powder free blotting sheets if I get shiny, and the foundation was pretty much there. What's even better that it is so lightweight that I can wear it for such a long time without feeling I have makeup on, and it gives incredible finish and coverage! 

One possible con in this product is its lack of sun protection. I'm fine with this because I use sunscreen even if my foundation has SPF in it. I find that the lack of SPF gives the product more versatility, since you can use this more readily for flash photography, since foundation with SPF usually gives a whitish cast when photographed. BTW this stuff photographs really really well!

Another con is the packaging, though it has a pout, the foundation is so watery it still gets messy and there would be foundation all over the cap and the pout. They should have provided a pump to come with this foundation.

One tip: shake before using to avoid streakiness.

Verdict: I love this stuff and I would repurchase this over and over again!
Whenever I get breakouts from other foundation, I always come back to this since I think this is the only foundation that doesn't worsen my breakouts.
8/10 since there's still much to improve on the packaging and improved oil control would be great too!


5 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

that is great, I haven't tried this foundation yet and its something I would like to because the skincare of Clinique have been nice to me skin :)

Crystal said...

18 hrs? that's long indeed!

Jamilla Camel said...

Thanks for the review!! I need something to fend off the humidity in South India...I will give this a try!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review! I have heard that Clinique's foundations are pretty good~ I just starting dipping my feet in Clinique products, thanks for the recommendation =)

Anonymous said...

this article is so informative. it's exactly what i'm looking for. i've been a mac studio fix user for quite a while but it's starting to cake on my skin specially with our humid climate. i think i'll consider clinique superfit. thanks;-)